Encryption is a process that encodes a message or file so that it can only be read by a selected community or an authorized person. It uses an algorithm to encrypt data and then uses a specified key for the receiving party to decrypt the information and to be able to access the hidden information. There are a lot of Encryption techniques like Steganography, AES, DES, etc.
Image Steganography has been a very well-known Encryption technique of hiding Plain Text into Image files and this can be one not only in images but can also be hidden in audio, video files.AES on the other side is the safest-considered Encryption Technique in existence as it uses 128- bit/256-bit encryption algorithm converting Plain Text into a Cipher Text by the input of a secret key set by the user. The receiving Party can then De-Cipher the Text to get the original one.
• Formerly, we used invisible ink to hide messages physically which required a good knowledge of linguistry and Chemistry which only a few people had at that time.
• They had to send them over which was difficult due to lack of mode of transport.
- Moving towards Digitization, Digital Steganography came into the picture.
• To provide a User-friendly Security tool based on Steganographic Techniques
• To avoid drawing suspicion to the existence of a Hidden message.
• Our Tool provides a platform where users can Register and make accounts to access the Encryption Services provided.
- Our Tool uses AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) algorithm as an option to the users especially when communicating on confidential terms.
- Another option for the users is to use Image Steganography which is also a commendable algorithm to hide Plaintext into image files.
Importance and Need of your Project
• It helps protect private information, sensitive data, and can enhance the security of communication between client apps and servers.
• Using Encryption Technology for Data Protection Could Increase Trust.
- It is essential for government computer security, cybersecurity, and electronic data protection.
• Image Steganography
• Our project offers its users to hide their text in an Image file (.jpg, .png, .bmp, .gif)
• We have used LSB-based Image Steganography in RGB format pictures for hiding secret text as bits.
• It is a reliable form of hiding text as people might never suspect that this image may contain a message.
• This is an Encryption Algorithm that needs a Plain Text and a Secret Key set by the user and then converting it into Cipher Text.
• AES Algorithm can be in many bit forms like 1,2,8,16,64,128,192,256 of which 256-bit Encryption is considered the strongest to breach.
- It is an Encryption mode used by U.S Government for keeping their classified Information as secure as possible.
1.1 Project Setup
MySQL Command Line Client 5.5
Apache NetBeans IDE 8.2/11.3
Eclipse IDE 2019–09
Java SE Development Kit 8 (if NetBeans 8.2 used)/12 (if NetBeans 11.3 used)
Intel Core or Xeon 3GHz (or Dual Core 2GHz) or equal AMD CPU
Single (Dual/Quad Core is recommended)
4 GB (6 GB recommended)
NVidia or ATI with support of OpenGL 1.5 or higher
1280×1024 is recommended, 1024×768 is minimum
Results and discussion
SHARE MESSAGE FEATURE
• Using this feature, users can share the messages instantly among other registered users.
- Sharing message inside the tool makes it even more privacy-bound
Results (Image Encoding)
Conclusion and Future Work
• It is observed that through these Encryption standards, the results obtained are pretty impressive as it relies on the fact that by AES, any message can be converted into a set of random keyboard inputs without even changing the original message and can be retrieved later.
• Image Steganography on the other hand utilizes the fact that a text message can be hidden in an image by changing the Least Significant Bits of the pixels of the image which gives us an encoded message which can’t be suspected as the change in the pixels of the image is not quite visible with the naked eye.
• Introducing the Share feature is also unique. It uses MySQL Database Connectivity.
• EncrypTeam has worked hard to increase the project’s scope and make it available for all the people who want to share classified information which they do not want to be seen sharing.
• Right now, we have a Java Tool with Database Connectivity.
• We are working on introducing a Webpage for these Encryption Services soon so that the same activity can be processed online which would be free for all.
• Work is also under process for an Android App keeping in mind the accessibility for users.
- A hopeful advancement in all the features and GUI offered by the tool is also under constant review.